The Information We Collect
Information You Provide to VNDLY. We collect Personally Identifying Information that you provide to VNDLY. “Personally Identifying Information” is information that individually identifies you, such as your
- first and last name;
- physical address;
- phone number;
- e-mail address;
- comments or messages provided in free text boxes;
- resume or C.V.;
- citizenship and work authorization status; and
- any other information that would allow someone to identify or contact you.
You may provide us Personally Identifying Information when you:
- request information;
- schedule a demonstration;
- submit an employment application; or
- subscribe to our emails.
VNDLY asks for your Personally Identifying Information so that it can provide recruiting services. The information that you provide in each case will vary and we may ask you to create a username and password that should only be known to you. Of course, you may choose not to provide VNDLY with Personally Identifying Information. However, this choice may prevent VNDLY from providing you with any recruiting services or otherwise helping to facilitate placement for a job or project.
Information Provided by Third Parties. VNDLY neither creates information about job seekers, such as background checks or consumer reports, nor does VNDLY receive information about job seekers and companies from third parties. However, a Company (as defined herein) may upload such information on their own candidates in the Service.
Sensitive Information. Even though you may provide us Personally Identifying Information, you should still exercise discretion in the information you choose to provide. In particular, you should not provide your social security number or protected health information (“PHI”) as covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use our Services
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information about you using automated tools that are detailed below. These tools may collect information about your behavior and your computer system, such as your internet address (IP Address), the pages you have viewed, and the actions you have taken while using our Services. Some of the tools we use to automatically collect information about you may include:
Cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file transmitted from a website to your
device’s hard drive. Cookies are usually defined in one of two ways, and we may use both of
- session cookies, which do not stay on your device after you close your browser, and
- persistent cookies, which remain on your device until you delete them or they expire.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Services and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have requested, such as maintaining a record of your purchased items (e.g. a shopping cart), cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our Services to help us understand how you arrive at our site, browse or use our Services and highlight areas where we can improve, such as navigation. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies remember choices you make such as the country from which you visit our Services, your preferred language, and your search parameters. This information can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits to our Services more tailored to your preferences. The information in these cookies may be anonymized. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
We use the following categories of cookies on our Services.
Of course, if you do not wish to have cookies on your devices, you may turn them off at any time by modifying your internet browser’s settings. However, by disabling cookies on your device, you may be prohibited from full use of the Service’s features or lose access to some functionality.
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain things from your computer and can report activity back to a web server allowing us to understand some of your behavior. If you choose to receive emails from us, we may use Web Beacons to track your reaction to our emails. We may also use them to track if you click on the links and at what time and date you do so. Some of our third-party marketing partners may use Web Beacons to track your interaction with online advertising banners on our Services. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your Personally Identifying Information. Please note that any image file on a webpage can act as a Web Beacon.
- Embedded Web Links. Links provided in our emails and, in some cases, on third-party websites may include tracking technology embedded in the link. The tracking is accomplished through a redirection system. The redirection system allows us to understand how the link is being used by email recipients. Some of these links will enable us to identify that you have personally clicked on the link and this may be attached to the Personally Identifying Information that we hold about you. This data is used to improve our service to you and to help us understand the performance of our marketing campaigns.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Privacy Preferences
We want to provide you with relevant information that you have requested.
In the event we provide subscription-based services, such as email newsletters or other informational updates, we will allow you to make choices about what information you provide at the point of information collection or at any time after you have received a communication from us while you are subscribed. Any transactional or service-oriented messages are usually excluded from such preferences, as such messages are required to respond to your requests or to provide goods and services, and are not intended for the purposes of marketing.
We will not intentionally send you email newsletters and marketing emails unless you consent to receive such marketing information. After you request to receive these emails, you may opt out of them at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. Please note that by opting out or unsubscribing you may affect other services you have requested we provide to you, in which email communication is a requirement of the service provided. Any such communications you receive from us will be administered in accordance with your preferences and this Policy.
Using the Information
Use in General. We may use your information for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve our Services;
- Comply with the terms of any applicable contract with a Company;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and to provide customer service and support;
- Conduct research;
- Facilitating the recruiting, staffing, and searching process to help job seekers find projects and assignments appropriate for their skills and companies find qualified applicants for such assignments;
- Prevent potentially illegal activities;
- Fulfill your requests for our Services;
- Provide information that is relevant to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services; and
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- Potential employers. If you are a job seeker, we may share your Personally Identifying Information with potential employers to provide staffing and recruiting services. In connection with such services, we may need to disclose certain data about your previous employment including, without limitation, your resume and corresponding information to the extent permitted by law.
- Service Providers. We may share your Personally Identifying Information with third-party vendors, Contractors, and other service provides who are working on behalf of VNDLY and require access to your Personally Identifying Information to carry out that work.
- Company. If you have a relationship with a Company, we may share your Personally Identifying Information with that Company, as required under any contracts.
There are circumstances where Company may decide to buy, sell, or reorganize its business in selected countries. Under these circumstances, it may be necessary to share or receive Personally Identifying Information with prospective or actual partners or affiliates. In such circumstances, Company will ensure your information is used in accordance with this Policy.
Your California Rights
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section § 1798.83, we will not disclose or share your Personally Identifying Information with third parties for the purposes of third-party marketing to you without your prior consent.
If you are a California consumer as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), you may be afforded additional rights with respect to your “Personal Information” as that term is explicitly defined under California law. Any Personal Information we collect is collected for the commercial purpose of effectively operating our Services, communicating with you, as well as enabling you to learn more about, and benefit from, our services.
Under the CCPA, you may be able to exercise any of the following rights, once your identity is properly verified. If you have an existing relationship with a VNDLY customer, or Company, please direct any such requests to the Company, as VNDLY is required to comply with any such Company directions under the CCPA.
Access: You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the Personal Information our Service databases currently contain.
Prohibit Data Sharing. When applicable, you may prohibit the sharing of your Personal Information by submitting a request via email to email@example.com. In your email, please explain how you wish us to prohibit the sharing of your personal data, and which categories of third parties you want to prohibit from receiving your Personal Information. When such prohibitions are not possible to provide our services to you, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy.
Portability. Upon request and when possible, we can provide you with copies of your Personal Information. You may submit a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When such a request cannot be honored, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy.
Deletion. If you should wish to cease use of our Service and have your Personal Information deleted from our Service, then you may submit a request by emailing us at email@example.com. Upon receipt of such a request for deletion, we will confirm receipt and will confirm once your Personal Information has been deleted. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
In addition, if a California resident exercises his or her rights under California law, including the CCPA, we shall not discriminate against that California resident by denying our goods or services, charging different prices or rates to similarly situated consumers, providing a different level or quality of our goods or services, or taking any other adverse action.
For Users outside the United States
Our Service is designed for use by individuals in the United States only. We do not warrant or represent that this Policy or the Service’s use of your Personally Identifying Information complies with the laws of any other jurisdiction. Furthermore, to provide you with our Service, we may store, process, and transmit information in the United States and other locations around the world, including countries that may not have the same privacy and security laws as yours. Regardless of the country in which such information is stored, we will process your Personally Identifying Information in accordance with this Policy.
VNDLY protects your Personally Identifying Information by using safeguards that it has determined are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Unfortunately, neither VNDLY’s network nor data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You have a responsibility, as well, to safeguard your information through the proper use and security of any online credentials used to access your Personally Identifying Information, such as a username and password. If you believe your credentials have been compromised, please change your password. Please also notify us of any unauthorized use.
You have the right to update, modify, amend, or correct errors in your Personally Identifying Information by contacting VNDLY. We strive to maintain and process your information accurately. We have processes in place to maintain all of our information in accordance with relevant data governance frameworks and legal requirements. We employ technologies designed to help us maintain information accuracy on input and processing.
Where we can provide you access to your Personally Identifying Information in our possession, we will always ask you for a username and password to help protect your privacy and security. We recommend that you keep your password safe, that you change it periodically, and that you do not disclose it to any other person or allow any other person to use it.
To view and change the Personally Identifying Information that you have provided to us, you can log in to your account and follow the instructions on that webpage, or contact us directly for assistance.
Our Services do not respond to Do Not Track signals. Third parties cannot collect Personally Identifying Information about you when you use our Services.
On occasion, our Services are connected by “hyperlinks” to other third party’s websites. Please note that VNDLY is not responsible in any way for the privacy practices of other websites and suggests that you review the privacy policies of those other companies’ websites before using them.
Accessing Your Personally Identifying Information Once Given
Changes to This Policy